The Government of Canada has announced an interim approach that includes principles and plans for reviewing major natural resource projects. These principles are the first part of a broader strategy to review and restore confidence in Canada’s environmental assessment processes.
For projects currently under review by the National Energy Board (NEB), the Government of Canada has begun taking steps to ensure consistency with these principles. To learn more about how these interim measures are being implemented, please click on these links:
- Trans Mountain Expansion Project
- Energy East Pipeline Project
- Line 3 Pipeline Replacement Program Project
- 2017 NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. System Expansion Project
- NOVA Gas Transmission Ltd. Towerbirch Expansion Project
For general information on how MPMO is implementing these principles for projects undergoing a review by the NEB, please contact us